BosStrap Generation 3 Sliding Sling Strap System for DSLR Cameras
BosStrap engineered a revolutionary sliding sling strap system for your DSLR camera that is unlike anything else on the market.
First, BosStraps attach to the left camera strap lug not to the tripod socket, and second, BosStraps do not use a shoulder pad.
A sliding sling strap is more than just a strap worn diagonally across your body to take the camera weight off your neck. A sliding sling strap is a loop that use a special fitting which slides along the diagonally worn body strap, not requiring the body strap itself to move. The action is extremely smooth with no pulling on your clothing.
Connection to the Camera
Unlike all other sliding sling straps, BosStraps do not use the camera’s tripod socket as an attachment point. This allow you to quickly change shooting style from hand-held to tripod very quickly because you can leave your tripod plate or L-Bracket attached to the camera even with the BosStrap connected.
Your camera never hangs upside down by the tripod socket. This means that you are not stressing the tripod socket or the seals inside the camera.
The BosStrap Generation 3 Sliding Sling Strap (BosStrap G315) is a two-part sliding sling system which includes a 1½” wide sling (body) strap and a Patent Pending Generation 3 BosTail (G3 Tail). The G3 Tail, which remains attached to the left camera strap lug, can be detached from the sling strap.
In use, the camera glides smoothly along the strap up to your eye. When not in use, the camera rests comfortably at your hip. By pointing the lens backward, the camera nestles as close to your body as possible in a relatively stable position with your hip touching the top of the lens and front of the pentaprism.
The BosStrap G3 Sliding Sling Strap offers the smoothest action of any sling strap on the market. The 1½” wide nylon body strap uses a small, nickel plated sliding fitting for extraordinarily smooth movement.
No Shoulder Pad Needed
A shoulder pad is not necessary because the 1½” wide strap evenly distributes the weight of your gear, obviating the need for a pad. By eliminating a shoulder pad, you do not have to deal with the nuisance of constantly pulling the pad back up into position.
Another advantage is that without the lump from a shoulder pad, the BosStrap can be worn unobtrusively under a jacket or rain coat. This provides you with protection from the elements, concealment for street photographers, and theft deterrence without the need of a dangerous hidden cable in the body strap. When done shooting, a BosStrap easily stows by simply wrapping it around the lens; there is nothing to remove when packing your gear.
Patent Pending Generation 3 Tail
The G3 Tail uses a cam buckle with a unique safety sleeve. Together the cam buckle and safety sleeve provide two levels of security. The cam buckle and safety sleeve insure that your camera can not be accidentally detached from the sling strap, but when you want, your camera can easily, intentionally be detached.
To detach the camera from the BosStrap G3 Tail simply slide the safety sleeve off the cam buckle and release the cam locking lever.
The double safety lock G3 Tail and its components remain with the camera. All the components in the G3 Tail are non-metallic, so there is nothing to scratch the camera body or LCD. When the camera is removed from the sling strap, only the low-profile G3 Tail remains attached to the camera. The G3 Tail offers very little wind resistance which can be important for minimizing vibration on a tripod.
One sling strap can be used with any camera that has its own G3 Tail. Extra G3 Tails are sold separately.
BosStrap strives to source all parts and labor in the US. Because of availability, one part in the G3 system could only be sourced from Europe. Everything else, including the thread, comes from the USA.
BosStrap G3 Sliding Sling Strap System offers many unique features:
- The G3 System is designed specifically for heavier DSLR cameras,
- The G3 System uses the same G3 Tail that the BosStrap G3 LT System uses,
- Patent Pending Double Safety Lock G3 Tail allow separating camera from the 1½” sling strap only when you want,
- Tripod socket is always available,
- Nothing occupying the tripod socket - camera can sit on a flat surface,
- BosStraps are 64” long – not including the G3 Tail,
- Long G3 Tail - allows more angular adjustment of the 1½”sling strap to fine tune comfort,
- No metal parts in the G3 Tail – no scratching the LCD and the camera body,
- Attaches to the left camera strap lug – easily switch from hand-held to tripod with removing anything
- No straps in the way when shooting horizontal or vertical – strap does not interfere with controls,
- No shoulder pad is required – nothing to constantly move back in place,
- Comfortable, smooth, strong nylon seat belt webbing – 1½” wide to distribute the camera weight,
- Frees both hands – camera safely remains at your side when not in use,
- Because camera rests at hip (pivot point on leg), there is minimal movement of camera when walking,
- Engineered to support over 60 pounds -10x the weight of a typical professional rig,
- Easy to stow – simply wrap the BosStrap G3 around your lens-nothing needs to be removed,
- Engineered for simplicity,
- Works with left or right handed shooters,
- Except for one European part, BosStrap G3 is made with USA parts and labor – right down to the thread!
- Extra G3 Tails are available for your other camera bodies - Only one Sling Strap is required,
- Extremely light weight at 4.0 oz (112 grams),
- One year replacement warranty on defective parts,
- 30 day no questions asked full refund including postage.
Type of Strap Sliding Sling
Occupies Tripod Socket No
Attachment Point Left Camera Strap Lug
Fully Adjustable Yes, both sling and the G3 Tail
BosStrap Material Nylon Seat Belt
BosStrap Size 1½” wide, 64” long
OP Tail Material Nylon
OP Tail Size ⅜” wide, 12” long, 1,100 lb test
Fittings Metal, Acetal, Nylon
Storage Wrap around lens, no need to remove
Weight 4.0 oz. (112 grams)
Warranty Yes, full 1 year on defects